» Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Toronto ALPHA is a volunteer-based community; the contribution of your time, experiences and expertise are invaluable for its mission...
Why Join Us?
Volunteering with ALPHA offers you the opportunity to:
- Truly make a difference in the lives of youth in your community
- Utilize your skills and knowledge
- Be a leader in your community
- Learn about WWII history in Asia
- Participate in training and skill development opportunities
- Experience personal growth and educational opportunities
- Find a volunteer experience that fits your personal interest and lifestyle
- Be recognized for your contributions
Current Volunteer Activities
Event Planning and Organizing
- Promoting the Youth Certificate Program
- Assist ALPHA Project Coordinator with planning the Youth Conferences and planning/helping implement the Youth Dialogues
- Reviewing the Teacher Resource Guide
- Assist with the ALPHA Library Resource Centre
- Researching/writing grants
- Assist Project Coordinator's with research as needed.
- Research related topics: education, curriculum design, WWII history in Asia.
- Data Entry
- Archival Assistance
- Assisting the Project Coordinator to put together an information pamphlet for the Study Tour participants (things to do in Shanghai, Nanjing, Seoul, HK, restaurant lists, addresses of the hotels) preferably someone from China/HK/Seoul.
- Proofreading the Project Coordinator’s Chinese translations for press releases + video transcriptions.
Advocacy and Campaigns
- Join a fundraising committee
- Organize a fundraiser
- Participate in a fundraising event
If you are interested in volunteering with ALPHA, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist with campaign development and outreach initiatives
- Participate in demonstrations
ALPHA EQUITY POLICY:Toronto ALPHA is committed to social justice principles which support diversity and equity. We recognize the rights and dignity of all individuals; provide equal opportunity in education, volunteer programs, and employment; embrace diversity in gender, age, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and ability; and ensure all programs and activities are accessible.
Toronto ALPHA is a proud internship partner of the University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, and University of Toronto, Pro Bono Student Canada. We look forward to partnering with more universities and institutions worldwide. Please send your internship inquiries to email@example.com.